TOTAL TIME: 23 min
- 12 ounce(s) turkey, lean ground
1 medium apple(s), Granny Smith cored, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 6 ounce(s) cranberry sauce
- 4 small hamburger buns, whole-wheat
2 cup(s) lettuce, romaine chopped
1 1/2 cup(s) tomato(es) chopped
1/2 cup(s) onion(s) chopped
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Mix together turkey, apple, coriander, salt, pepper, and cranberry sauce until thoroughly combined. Form turkey mixture into four patties.
3. Place turkey burgers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 14 - 18 minutes or until no longer pink (165 F/74C), turning once halfway through broiling time.
4. For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place turkey burgers on the grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.
5. Place opened bun on each plate. Top with cooked turkey burger, lettuce, chopped tomato and chopped onion. Cover with other half of bun.
Nutrition Detailsper serving
Calories 311, Fat 8g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 284mg, Saturated Fat 2g, Protein 16g, Fiber 6g, Carbohydrates 47g